It is usually possible to upgrade the RavTrack PC AVL software program to a newer version without re-installing the software as long as the major revision number is the same. (2.6 to 2.7, 3.1 to 3.3 …) Most upgrades can be performed by simply replacing the RavTrackPC.exe file which is stored in the program directory on your computer. This quick upgrade method avoids having to perform a full re-install of the RavTrack PC AVL software when simply upgrading to the current version.
To perform the quick update:
- Close RavTrack PC. File > Exit
- Click on the link below to download a copy of the latest .exe file:
http://ravtrack.com/downloads/RavTrackPCexe.zip or use the .exe file emailed to you from Raveon tech support.
- Open the .zip archive folder by double-clicking on it.
- Locate the directory on your computer that holds the RavTrack PC program. For most users the full path to this file is: C:/programfiles/raveon/RavTrack PC/
- Rename the current RavTrack PC.exe file file to RavTrack PCold.exe.
- Copy the new file from the named RavTrack PC.exe to your RavTrack PC program directory. For most users the full path to this file is: C:/programfiles/raveon/RavTrack PC/RavTrack PC.exe
You may now run RavTrack PC as you have been, and the new version will be executed. If there are data base upgrades to do, RavTrack PC will automatically perform the updates when it starts up.