The following changes list the main features of the of the RV-M7 firmware that were changed, modified or added.
|• Version C2
- Added PASSWORD command to set a password for the user interface.
- Changed REPEAT 1 command. REPEAT 1 will force the unit to repeat all over the air data.
- Made trigger bits latching. Any bit designated as a TRIGBIT will latch its trigger state untill it reports it over the air.
- TDMAslot resolution is now 10mS instead of 50mS.
- If TXRATE=0 and IDLERATE=0, the unit will not report GPS position. Use this to turn of GPS position reporting.
- FREEWHEEL command works more reliably. Previouse versios freewheeled longer than expected.
|• Version B31
- Fixed WPL message. Leading zeros after the decimal were dropped.
- Added OUTPUT 7, $PMGWPL message.
- Added support for CE version of M7
- Added support for VHF version of M7
- Heading field in PRAVE message no longer has a sign. It is always 0-360 degrees.
- Added BANDL and BANDH commands that set the tuned band of the radio. User may read these to see what frequency range the radio is set to. Never change them!
|• Version B25
- Implemented WMX protocol.
- Added SLOTNUM command to configure the slot number. SLOTNUM -1 set it to match the ID.
- Improved MODEM firmware operation in the presence of noise or distorted signals.
- Added check to ensure that transmit time-out-timer cannot be set to 0.
- Reduced duplicate-packet timer from 10 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Fixed TLL lat/long leading zero bug.
- Added ATJF command to set the CTS threshold byte quantity.
- Randomized retries when ACK is used.
|• Version B18
- Added FREEWHEEL command.
- Improved receive MODEM performance with DC tracking.
- Fixed PRAVE message bug where heading was sometimes negative.
- Added support for MAGNET protocol.
- Added TDMADATA command to give data priority over position.
- Removed Auto Status feature.
- Speed up GPS lock and TDMA slot accuracy.
|• Version B13
- Fixed bug in WPL sentence to the Lat/Lon fields.
- Fixed TLL checksum calculation.
- Added SLOTNUM command to set the number of TDMA slots a unit is allowed to use.
|• Version B10
- Added FORCEON command to force the GPS receiver to be on at all times.
- Added CPUMP, CHNUM, and ATRC commands.
- Re-organized EEPROM data. Upgrading from B9 or lower must be done at the factory.
- Removed references and commands related to VSWR.
- Added REPEAT x command to allow quick repeater configuration.
- Added BAND command to display the frequency band.
- Commands now auto-save. No need to issue ASV command.
|• Version B9
- Added support for UA and UD radio types.
- Added PA temperature compensation.
- Changed default frequencies.
- Added ATGP command to set/read the group number. ATGP 0 turns group feature off.
- Added SLOTQTY to –GX version.
- Added CONFIG command to display the overall configuration.